Friday, April 18, 2008

BR - Island of the Sequined Love Nun

BR - Island of the Sequined Love Nun

Well all, this one is for my own damn ammusment, but if you choose to read, so be it.

I suppose along with my perfect year idea, and reading more books, I figured I should actually keep track of some of this junk that I read, good and bad - also to keep me from reading the same thing twice, especially if it ain't so hot...

The Island of the Sequened Love Nun - Christopher Moore

3.5 outta 5

I thought after reading Lamb this would be a better story, and towards the end it did get to be one, but a bit of a slow start. Player type of a guy gets himself plane wrecked (pilot) and then gets hired by some mystery folks on an island. Turns out they're harvesting organs and getting paid big bucks for it. Some randomness in the story to keep it interesting, but not so much to take it compltely off course. No notable quotes.

Was probably a bit long, didn't seem like it was all relevant to tell the story, but entertaining enough. Probably won't read it again, and may move Moore towards the bottom of the list of repeats.

On an unrelated note: This sure does make you wonder why the hell a book report in 10th grade needed to be five pages long. Either a book was good, or it wasn't. I didn't need to look into the deep cultural significance of why there was a transvestite with a talking bat, only that it added to the story and made it more enjoyable to read.

Damn those high school teachers for making reading work!

No comments: